Snowdon - Thursday
This week we are reading...
Charlie Cook's Favourite Book by Julia Donaldson
Do you enjoy reading 'Charlie Cook's Favourite Book'?
Why did you enjoy reading it? Would you recommend it to a friend?
The person who writes the book is called the author. The author of this book is Julia Donaldson.
Here are some more books written by Julia Donaldson!
Can you make any connections between the books?
What is the same? What is different? Do you prefer any of these books?
Yesterday, you had a go at making a story map or story mountain for your own story.
Today, I would like you to think about your main character.
Who is your main character?
What do they look like? How would you describe them to someone who hasn't seen them?
What are they wearing?
What is their personality like? Are they brave? Are they mischievous?
Here is a template to help you. It also has some great adjectives to get you started but try to think of some of your own!
Bubble painting is a fun way to create art without a paintbrush! With just a few basic supplies, these colourful paintings are easy to make have ago with your family.
Supplies Needed for Bubble Painting
- non-toxic tempera paint
- bubble solution
- bubble wands or plastic straws
- cups or small bowls
- construction paper or cardstock
Directions for Bubble Painting
- Add three tablespoons of bubble solution and two tablespoons of paint to a cup.
- Mix the paint and bubble solution together.
- Place a piece of paper on the grass or a table.
- Dip the bubble wand or straw into the bubble paint and then blow out bubbles so they land on the paper.
- Allow to dry before hanging up the colourful bubble paintings.