Eiger - Tuesday
Read the story and see if your prediction was correct!
Today we will be focusing on vocabulary.
Listen to the story again and write down any words that you don't understand. It is really important that we find out what new words mean. We should always try to learn as many new words as possible!
Here are some tricky words that I found while reading the book:
When you have written your list, find out the meaning of the words you don't understand. You can use a dictionary if you have one or use the internet.
Here is a great online dictionary for children. It also has a new 'Word of the Day' which you could use to learn new words every day!
When you have found the meaning of your new word, use the worksheet below to help you to use the word in different ways.
We are learning time! Time is used to measure or compare the duration of events or the intervals between them, and even sequence events.
- Either indoors or outdoors, do a balance pose, and encourage your parents or siblings to imitate you as you hold the pose.
- Stand up on the tips of your toes, arms stretched straight overhead.
- Stand on one leg, other leg bent at the knee, arms raised straight sideways like wings.
- Stand on one leg, arms raised straight sideways like wings, bend forward at the waist, and lift rear leg (airplane pose).
- Stand on all fours, head down, rear in the air (downward dog pose in yoga).
- From all fours, raise and hold one leg high in the air.
- From all fours, raise and hold one arm high in the air.