Everest - Thursday
The first thing I would like you to do is to watch the clip below and listen to the story. Pay particular attention to the pictures in the book that you are shown and then please give the questions underneath an attempt.
Look at the pictures below related to the story and answer the questions. Type them up on a word document and send them to me at email@example.com
1) This was the very first page in the book. What kind of mood or tone is being set for the whole story on this page?
2 ) What do you think the mum and the boy are feeling from looking at this picture? How do you know?
3) Ignoring what you have heard in the story, give me 5 words that you would use to describe this picture.
4) Why do you think the boy with the basket is in colour and the boy with the cow is not?
5) As the story goes on, how does the author create an atmosphere of ‘tension’ as the boy continues his journey through the forest?
6) All these things that the boy is seeing, where do you think they might be taking place? How do you know?
7) Looking at these two pictures, can you explain how the author illustrates a change in the overall mood of the boy? Hint: Focus on the colours.
8) How do you think the boy felt when he saw his dad standing behind him? How do you think the boy's mood changed from how he was feeling at the beginning of the story to the end of the story?__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The solar system
Solar system facts
The Sun is a star.
The Earth is one of eight planets that travel around the Sun.
The planets are called Mercury, Venus, Earth, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus and Neptune.
The solar system is also home to lots of asteroids, moons, and dwarf planets such as Pluto.
One way of remembering the order of the planets from the sun is:
My Very Easy Method Just Speeds Up Nothing.My (Mercury) Very (Venus) Easy (Earth) Method (Mars) Just (Jupiter) Speeds (Saturn) Up (Uranus) Nothing (Neptune).
Planet Earth facts
The planet Earth is about 4.5 billion years old.
Earth spins at 1000 miles per hour. It takes 24 hours to complete a full rotation.
It's daytime on the side of the Earth that faces the Sun and nighttime on the side that is facing away.
The Earth takes a year to travel around the Sun.
Planet Earth has one moon, which is held in orbit by gravity.
How the Earth was formed
Put the planets in the correct order from the sun out:
Neptune, Uranus, Mars, Mercury, Earth, Saturn, Venus, Jupiter
Open the worksheet here and using the vocabulary you are given, please complete the sentences. Retype them onto a new MS Word or Google Doc document and send them to me at the above email address.