Fuji - Friday
Being able to comprehend a text means that you understand what is happening in the story and you understand the words you are reading.
Can you answer these questions about our text Journey to the River Sea using full sentences?
Remember, a full sentence means that you include part of the question in your answer.
Tip - Pretend the person reading your answer cannot see the question.
You may either:
- write the answers to each question down on a piece of paper and email me a photo of your work or
- type the answers to each question using your computer and email them to me
Please send your work to me at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you'd like to listen to the Youtube reading of the text click here
(Remember it is just 0:00 - 8:32 on the Youtube clip)
Journey to the River Sea
Support Group Comprehension Questions (easier)
1. Who is the main character in the story?
The main character in the story is...
2. What type of school does Maia go to and why does she go to this school?
Maia goes to a ........ school because...
3. What special news does Mr Murray come to tell Maia?
Mr Murray comes to tell Maia that...
Comprehension Questions (most students should be able to answer these)
1. Why was Maia afraid when she was first called to Miss Banks' room?
2. How and when did Maia's parents die?
3. How is Mr Carter related to Maia?
Challenge Comprehension Questions (more difficult)
1. How did Maia's emotions change throughout this part of the story?
2. Why do you think Miss Carslisle asked the students to research the Amazon and the rivers of South America for homework?
Reflection and Feedback Activity
How are you feeling after your first full week of online learning? I hope you are enjoying it :)
Write a few sentences (about one paragraph) reflecting on your learning this week.
Information you might like to include:
- What was your favourite activity and which activities did you enjoy this week?
- What do you like about online learning?
- What have you found challenging about online learning?
- Which piece of work are you most proud of this week?
- What could you do better next time?
- What would you like to see more of next week?
- Is there anything else you would like to learn about next week?
- Is there anything else you would like to tell me about?
You may either:
- write your feedback and reflection paragraph on a piece of paper and email me a photo of your work or
- type your feedback and reflection paragraph using your computer and email it to me
Please send to me at email@example.com
Have a wonderful weekend everyone!
Love Miss Hobbs :)