Everest - Friday
30 cakes are arranged in an array. Some of the cakes are hidden.
How many cakes are hidden?
Work out the missing numbers.
Danni has these four digit cards.
Danni uses all four cards to make two 2-digit numbers.
She then adds the two numbers together.
What is the greatest total she can make?
Sonny buys 2 pencils and 3 rulers.
Each pencil costs 69p.
Sonny pays with a £5 note and receives £1.07 change.
How much does a ruler cost?
Here are two rectangles.
The two rectangles are put on top of each other.
They are lined up so the black circles overlap.
The shaded area shows where the two rectangles overlap.
What is the area of the non-shaded parts of the shape?
How old was Anne this time last year?
Art - Street Art
What is street art?
Street art is art that is created in a public place and may only be temporary.
There are lots of different types of street art such as:
- Graffiti - often writing or images which are sprayed onto walls or other public areas
- Stencil graffiti - similar to graffiti but stencils are used to recreate an image
- Art installations - these could include local art or sculpture trails
- Street poster art - posters which are displayed in a public place
Video projections - videos or images are projected onto buildings
Next time you're out in your local area, see what you can spot.
Famous street artists
Famous street artists include:
- Keith Haring
Banksy is a famous, but anonymous, British graffiti artist - he keeps his identity a secret.
He produces pieces of work that pop up in public places, eg on the walls of buildings.
A lot of his art is done using stencils, which people can easily recognise.
You can see some examples of Banksy's work below.
Keith Haring is famous for creating street art and sculptures using bold, bright colours.
These have thick outlines and cartoon-style characters such as barking dogs, crawling babies and spaceships.
In the following video, from the 'Art Ninja' series, watch how Art Ninja makes an alien picture using Keith Haring as inspiration.
Create your own street art masterpiece - you will need paper or cardboard, a pencil, and your chosen colouring tool (felt tips, colouring pencils, paints etc).
You may wish to:
- Write your name as graffiti
- Create a mural - this could:
- represent you - think of things that you like
- represent an event that has happened
- use Keith Hearing as inspiration
- Create street art using a stencil like Banksy
Have a lovely weekend!