Fuji - Friday
Being able to comprehend a text means that you understand what is happening in the story and you understand the words you are reading.
Can you answer these questions about our text Journey to the River Sea using full sentences?
Remember, a full sentence means that you include part of the question in your answer.
Tip - Pretend the person reading your answer cannot see the question.
Eg. What is the name of the main character in Journey to the River Sea?
The main character in Journey to the River Sea is Maia Fielding.
You may either:
- write the answers to each question down on a piece of paper and email me a photo of your work or
- type the answers to each question using your computer and email them to me
Please send your work to me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Journey to the River Sea
Task: Answer as many of the comprehension questions as you can using full sentences. The questions get more difficult as you work your way through the list so just answer as many as you can.
1. Why does Maia not want to go back to England now?
2. What does Minty mean when she says, "People make their own worlds"?
3. What plan does Minty come up with so that Maia will be allowed to go and explore outside?
4. Maia is now good friends with the Native Brazilians that live behind the Carters' house. What event caused Maia to become closer to them?
5. What is Clovis planning to do to fix his situation?
6. Why do you think Furo made Maia wear a blindfold when he was taking her to see the boy who helped her get to Manaus?
Try to use the magic word because when you are answering questions to expand and justify your answers. When you use the word because, it helps you to explain your answer better and use evidence from the text to prove it.
Reflection and Feedback
How are you feeling after your tenth full week of online learning? Thank you for all of your feedback paragraphs each week. I have tried to listen to all student feedback and change things to suit the feedback you've given me. It is lovely to see how much you are enjoying online learning.
Task: Write a few sentences (about one paragraph) OR record a video or voice recording reflecting on your learning this week.
Information you might like to include:
- What was your favourite activity and which activities did you enjoy this week?
- What do you like about online learning?
- What have you found challenging about online learning?
- Which piece of work are you most proud of this week?
- What could you do better next time?
- What would you like to see more of next week?
- Is there anything else you would like to learn about next week?
- Is there anything else you would like to tell me?
You may either:
- write your feedback and reflection paragraph on a piece of paper and email me a photo of your work
- type your feedback and reflection paragraph using your computer and email it to me or
- record your feedback using any type of media you wish and email the file to me
Please send to me at email@example.com
Have a fantastic weekend everyone!
Love Miss Hobbs :)