Welcome back Forest Class!
The topic this half term will be:
Welcome back to a new term! I hope you all had a restful break and got to enjoy the lovely sunshine. I am missing you all very much and I hope to see your smiley faces again!
Thank you to all those that sent through photos of their learning the week before half term. Make sure you have a look at the amazing things your friends have been up to on our WOW Board below.
Book of the Week
Last week we read the story of The Three Little Pigs. This week we are going to read Rainbow Fish. We are going to do some fun activities related to the story.
Our focus this week is Addition!
We have learned the names and meaning of the symbols
+ (add / plus )
= (is equal to / total )
This week we will learn how to use a quicker method that helps us with addition; counting on. Counting on is when we put the larger number in our head and count on the amount we are adding to find the total.
- Watch the counting on song Counting on from any number
- Watch the counting on song Counting on from any number above 20
- Watch the video Add by counting on. Can you get 2 groups of objects and find how many you have together? Write the number sentence.
- Play the Addition Game
The Rainbow Fish gave a shiny scale to all its friends. Can you make a special card for one of your friends and write why they are such a special friend?
You are a good friend because...
Can you draw a picture of Rainbow Fish and label the different parts?
- Find some old CD's around the house and create these pretty Rainbow Fish! You could hang these near a window so it can catch the sunlight and brighten up your room
- Have a go and try to do some weaving!
- Why don't you use some celery to stamp some colourful scales onto Rainbow Fish?
I would love to see what learning you get up to at home, so please send photos to firstname.lastname@example.org I will upload onto the 'WOW Board' for next week for your friends to see! Keep scrolling down to see the WOW Board!
The Three Little Pigs
Little Red Riding Hood Week
Goldilocks and the Three Bears Week
The Gingerbread Man Week
Jack and the Beanstalk Week