Eiger - Thursday
Reading and Writing
Today, I would like you to write a list poem about the seasons.
The first thing you will need to do is to watch the video, then watch again taking notes and making observations about the different changes that you see.
How did watching the video make you feel?
Do you have a favourite season?
Why is this season your favourite?
What started to happen to the trees, plants and flowers?
Now write a line or two that describes each of the seasons and the changes that occur between one season and the next. Here's an example of a listing poem all about Spring. Can you write a listing poem about all four seasons?
We are learning time! Time is used to measure or compare the duration of events or the intervals between them, and even sequence events.
Travelling Water Science Experiment
- Two glasses of equal height
- Food colouring (optional)
- Paper Towel
- Position your two empty glasses about 2 inches apart. Pour water into one of the glasses until it is halfway full.
- Add a few drops of food colouring into the water.
- Stir the food colouring until the water is all one colour.
- Grab a strip of paper towel that is about 1 to 2 inches wide. I used one section of paper towel and folded it in half until it was the correct width.
- Place one end of the paper towel into the glass with the water. Then place the other end into the glass that is empty. Then leave the glasses sit and come back to check on them in about an hour.
- Return to the glasses and observe what has happened. The longer you wait to check on the glasses will result in more of the water moving over to the other glass. The water will stop moving over until the cups are both filled with the same amount of water.