Eiger - Friday
Watch the story again and answer these questions. Today we are going to be answering some questions about
If all the world were... We call this exercise comprehension. To comprehend means to show you understand something. When we answer questions it shows we understand the story.
1. Name two things the girl liked doing in Spring.
2. What kind of toy did Grandad buy?
3. Write three words to describe the type of person Grandad was.
4. How do you think the girl feels about the time they spent together? Why might this be a special memory for her?
We are learning time! Time is used to measure or compare the duration of events or the intervals between them, and even sequence events.
Storm In a Glass experiment
- Shaving cream
- A large glass
- Food colouring
- A spoon
- Fill the glass ½ full with water.
- Spray some shaving cream on top of the water to fill the glass to ¾ full.
- Use your finger or a spoon to spread the shaving cream evenly over the top of the water. The top of the shaving cream should be flat.
- Mix ½ cup water with 10 drops of food colouring in a separate container. Gently add the coloured water, spoonful by spoonful, to the top of the shaving cream. When it gets too heavy, watch it storm!
End of Week Message from Miss Tanner
Hey Eiger ninjas,
I hope you've enjoyed this week of learning at home. I love receiving all of your wonderful emails and seeing all of the great things you've been doing! Keep your eyes peeled on the next Weekly Update for all of your cool work posted under Work of the Week . Feel free to keep sending me your Epic! Reading Recommendations and any other ideas you have for our class website.
I miss you all so much and hope you have a wonderful weekend!
From Miss Tanner