Ben Nevis - Tuesday
This week we are reading...
Today we will be focusing on vocabulary.
Listen to the story again and write down any words that you don't understand. It is really important that we find out what new words mean. We should always try to learn as many new words as possible!
Here are some tricky words that I found while reading the book.
Here is a great online dictionary for children. It also has a new 'Word of the Day' which you could use to learn new words every day!
When you have found the meaning of your new word, use the worksheet below to help you to use the word in different ways.
Comparing numbers within 50Today, I would like you to practise comparing numbers, using 'greater than >, 'less than <' and 'equal to ='
This year we worked really hard to learn all the 7 continents of the world. Can you remember them all?
Here is a great bbc bitesize game to help you to remember them! It also covers lots of the other geography skills we learned in our topic work such as;
- discover the seven continents on the map
- find the world’s five oceans
- sail your ship north, east, south and west to get to the treasure
- spot the features of different seasons
- experiment with different weather features
- explore the United Kingdom
- and discover flags from around the world hiding in the sand!